Sunday, February 3, 2013

Up-Date on "A Bobcat in the Rainbow Hen House"

This is an up-date to my Blog Post of January 17th 2013. There wasn't any hesitation on my part when I shot the bobcat that killed all of our chickens. Afterwards, I realized what a great opportunity it was because I belong to the Ponderosa Mountain Men and the bobcat pelt would make a great mountain man hat.
Acting on my first thought I dropped by Bruce Webb & Gene Pierce's "High Desert Sportsman's Enterprise" (Click Here) our local taxidermy here in La Pine, located on Finley Butte Rd. I quickly found out that I would have to take the bobcat to the State Fish & Game office and get a post event permit or possession document.
When I went by Fish & Game it turned out to be a simple process. I met the Biologist, Cory, who put a metal seal tag in the mouth and completed a possession form and sent me on my way. He explained that it was a "Damage" kill that was allowed in their administrative rules.
With that all completed I returned to High Desert Sportsman's Enterprise Taxidermy and handed over the bobcat to have the hide tanned.
My plan of course is to have the tanned bobcat hide made into a Hat in time for the Ponderosa Mountain Man Rendezvous over memorial weekend.